Thursday, August 30, 2012

mmmm, maters.



I picked up a bunch of tomatoes from the post office this week...Another joy of living in this small town. Anyone who has extra produce can leave it at the post office for other people to take! I have left a few zucchini so I feel okay taking a few maters! I have 7 or 8 zucchini plants so I've got plenty to share! Anyways, back to the maters! I love having stewed tomatoes on hand so I got to work. This time I decided to go the Italian route.

Blanching!
 
 
Yum! Walla walla sweets from our garden, garlic from my Momma's garden, oregano, parsley and basil!
 
 
Only 4 jars this go around! Totally worth it for the homegrown tomato taste...nothing better! Hopefully the generous soul who is dropping off the tomatoes continues to do so...and hopefully I get to them before anyone else! LOL!!!
 
 Progress so far, still need to paint the trim.
 
I'm horrible at picking paint colors....The sample swath always looks good but, until you paint a whole wall you really have no idea how its going to look. Mark came home late and didn't say anything about it...So not sure what he thinks...I think it will come together once the trim is painted and the floor is in. But, if it doesn't the good thing about paint is you can always paint over it!!
 
Wrong end Waylon. Goofball.


No comments:

Post a Comment