Saturday, October 8, 2011

Craftiness

I've been wanting to use some of that spray/paint on chalkboard paint for a few years now. Never really had anywhere or a reason to use it. I thought once maybe I would paint the fridge with it so the kids could draw on it, but I didn't really want a black fridge. Last weekend I was digging around in the cellar and I found a cupboard door we had removed from the mud/laundry room to make the current woodbox..And I thought, Heeeyyyy, theres my chalkboard!!!



So we took a trip to Michaels and thanks to www.hip2save.com we scored a 50% of coupon. One can of chalkboard paint and a box of white chalk, five dollars and thirty three cents. As soon as Mark got home from work I went to work on creating my chalkboard.


Like my workspace??? Mark says to me, "You're not going to spray paint it in here are you??" To which I responded, "No dear, but thank you for being concerned. Because, if I was, you would need to tell me that was a bad idea."


Moving on to the garage and the actual painting. Between the spray paint smell and the garbage stank it was not pleasant. And of course I am very impatient so I got the hair dryer out and dried it inbetween the three coats. Then they say to let it dry for 24 hours...I gave it about 14 hours...close enough.

I think I might need to paint the border so it pops a little more...We will see after I live with it for a while.


...Its also a little large...I think I would like it better vertical but I dont have a space for it vertical. I leave you with a half naked cowboy who has rejected his sisters pink cowgirl hat (Thanks Ang, he actually loves wearing it).

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Carly!!! I love it. And have I mentioned that I love your fridge cubby? Cause I do. :)

    ReplyDelete