Monday, January 23, 2012

Where does the time go??


I walk into the living room last night and proudly announce to Mark that I have gotten all our Christmas stuff packed up and its ready for the attic! His reply, "It's almost been a month since Christmas"! Yes, you are right dear it has been and I still have decorations on the porch that I have not yet accounted for in my packing up mission. Maybe we could live a little of that country song by Gretchen Wilson. You know the one that talks about being a red neck woman and leaving our Christmas lights up on our front porch all year long?? Probably not, although it would make things a lot easier the day after Thanksgiving this year.

Now I really can't say that I have been so busy I haven't had time to put things away, simply not true. I hate this time of year. The weather stinks, the kids are CRAZY, and we are all just bored. We attempted to go outside and play in the snow the other day. Here's how it went down...

 It took me a good 20 minutes to find every ones snow gear and layer it on. Hats, gloves, boots, snow pants X's 3. I get Anna in the stroller outside and she does pretty well unless she can't see me, then she screams. We do pretty well for a while, the boys are playing nicely. Waylon's boot keeps falling off but that's minor, we just keep brushing off the snow and shoving it back on. I'm trying to shovel the freshly fallen 6 inches of snow off our sidewalks, after Mark had already shoveled a good 5 or 6 off before he left for work that morning. Waylon has now decided he can't walk in the good one foot plus of snow everywhere else and plops himself down crying saying "Help, Help, Help". So I pick him up and put him on the sidewalk. Jackson and him wander around to the front, I look up and see Waylon in the middle of the street. He is finally happy because he is in the compact snow from the cars. Then he looks at me as I'm yelling at him "GET OUT OF THE ROAD" and he tears off down the street giggling and smiling. I've never seen a kid run so fast and successfully on compact snow and ice. So of course I tear off after him. So does Jackson and as I'm both yelling at Jackson to go back with Anna and yelling at Waylon to stop, I hear Anna screaming her head off!!! I finally catch Way before he gets to the cross road, he gets a good scolding and we head back to the house. I just about finish my shoveling when I see Waylon walking towards me with his boot in his hand saying "Uh-oh Mom", Jackson is trying to release the brake on stroller which would send Anna tumbling down the stairs. So I say okay, time to go inside. Which prompts and enormous melt down from both boys because they don't want to go inside as Anna is crying because all she wants to do is go inside. We take another 20 minutes to put everything away de-robe of snow gear and stop crying. I prompt them with hot cocoa to make them happy, Jackson was happy. Waylon took one drink and cried more because it wasn't juice. I haven't taken them back outside since.

Now really its not that big of a deal, but that pretty much sums up anything we do these days. Fun, fun, fun, little less fun, little bit more less fun.....MELTDOWN!!! I love our boys to pieces but sometimes I wish we lived closer to Grandpa's and Grandma's!

No comments:

Post a Comment