Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hot pink fun!

I went clothes shopping a couple weeks ago and picked out 3 new tops and as I'm about to pay the gal says....Hey did you know that if you buy any 4 items today you get 20% off everything. Instead of being excited I instantly thought crap I have to pick out one more thing. She must have seen the excitement in my eyes because she says oh don't worry you can just get a nail polish. Fine okay, so I pick out this hot pink color thinking it would be cute on my toes! Second from left!

I go home and do indeed paint my toes, Jackson wanders in and asks me what I'm doing. I tell him I'm making my toes look pretty and then I paint one of his finger nails. He looks at it and smiles, then I wiped it off thinking about how much Mark would reject this idea. Jackson didn't really care that I wiped it off and I told him it was just for Mommies toes. He replies with a simple "Oh" and goes about his business.

So fast forward a few days and Jackson has disappeared off doing something a little too quiet for my liking. I find him in Anna's room painting his finger nails with my new hot pink nail polish. I let out a half panicked shriek of a NOOOO!!!! All I can envision is hot pink nail polish everywhere. I quickly snatch the brush out of his hands and he says to me "But, Mom, I need to paint my other and hand and my toes!" To which I quickly say, "NO, no you do not!" I couldn't help but laugh through the entire tirade as the little turkey painted his whole hand and didn't spill a drop!!! The nail polish was in my nightstand drawer, he had opened the bottle and left it standing upright in the drawer. And luckily it didn't spill when I walked by and thought hmmm, don't remember leaving that open and slammed it shut!


I thought about taking it off but decided maybe it was best to let him live with it and enjoy it for a while! And yes, I did put the nail polish up where one said little boy cannot access it anymore! But all in all, pretty good job for a 3 year old! HA!!! By the way, Mark has not wasted a single opportunity to remind him nail polish is just for girls!

1 comment:

  1. I showed this to Charlie and he said, "I want to!" Glad it is not just our kids that go through this phase. He did do a good job. :)

    ReplyDelete